Only registered users can edit the wiki, so create an account if you haven't already. There is a CAPTCHA that assumes some basic ZZT knowledge: you probably won't be tripped up by this, but if you are, let Quantum know.
Most pages support rich-text editing, which means you can start contributing without having to learn wiki markup syntax. But if you need to do something fancy, or if you just prefer editing in raw markup, the Mediawiki User's Guide is available for your perusal.
See Wiki:Requested articles for ideas of what to contribute!
In general, any edit that makes this wiki a better ZZT reference is welcome. If you're a reasonable person, and you like that goal... welcome!
The following are some general guidelines, as opposed to a comprehensive code of law:
- Respect copyright. Don't paste stuff into the wiki without thinking. Stuff like screenshots can count as fair use.
- Stay in scope. Article about ZZT-OOP? Great! Article about some ZZTer's roommate? Not so much. The line on this is still being drawn: see Wiki:Scope for details.
- Stick to the facts. You don't have to have cite sources for everything, but avoid speculation where possible.
- Be objective. You probably shouldn't be editing articles about yourself or your works.
- Be compassionate. Real people are involved! When writing about them, keep in mind how you would like to be treated, and don't mention sensitive information if it isn't relevant.