|(6 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|−|The following is not a comprehensive code of law, but is intended to set the tone for the wiki. Issue resolution will be at [[User:Quantum|Quantum 's]] discretion. |+|
is a , but [[User:Quantum|Quantum]] .
| || |
|−|<big>'''ATTN: THIS IS A DRAFT, SUBJECT TO CHANGE, YADA YADA YADA. '''</big> |+|
, , .
| || |
|−|* ''' Make the wiki a better ZZT reference .''' |+|
|−|** Make sure there are no "missing pieces" for newcomers. "No in-joke left behind" is hyperbole, but it paints a general picture. |+|
|−|** Any edit that brings us closer to that goal is welcome! |+|
|−|** What is on-topic for ZZT? This is poorly defined at the moment, but anything about ZZT itself (mechanics, games) is definitely relevant. Some community stuff may be relevant too. |+|
'''wiki a better ZZT reference '''. , that goalwelcome!
Be kind.''' |+|
|−|** Real people are involved! Keep in mind things that may be used to harass them (gender, sexuality, etc) and don't mention it if it isn' t relevant. |+|
|−|** Be compassionate about the past. Was somebody a jerk back when they were a teenager? Most of us were, so cut them some slack. |+|
* Be sensitive about people' s personal data, such as their real name. Don' t publish personal data that they didn' t volunteer. |+|
*'''.''' 't 'the . .
|−|** Don' t let this hold you back from objectively documenting ZZT- related things. |+|
* '''Stick to the facts.'''
*'''Stick to the facts.'''
* Be objective. Among other things, this means you probably shouldn't edit pages on yourself or your games, except for mechanical things like typo fixes. |+|
*Be objective., you probably shouldn't yourself or your , for .
* ZZT subjects don' t have as many sources as Wikipedia, so we can' t be as stringent. But where possible, avoid speculation. |+|
*''be . , .
Only registered users can edit the wiki, so create an account if you haven't already. There is a CAPTCHA that assumes some basic ZZT knowledge: you probably won't be tripped up by this, but if you are, let Quantum know.
Most pages support rich-text editing, which means you can start contributing without having to learn wiki markup syntax. But if you need to do something fancy, or if you just prefer editing in raw markup, the MediaWiki User's Guide is available for your perusal.
See Wiki:Requested articles for ideas of what to contribute!
In general, any edit that makes this wiki a better ZZT reference is welcome. If you're a reasonable person, and you like that goal... welcome!
The following are some general guidelines, as opposed to a comprehensive code of law:
- Respect copyright. Don't copy from other sources unless you're sure they're compatible with the wiki license. See Wiki:Copyrights for more details.
- Stay in scope. Article about ZZT-OOP? Great! Article about some ZZTer's roommate? Not so much. For clarification on where exactly the line is, see Wiki:Scope.
- Stick to the facts. You don't have to have cite sources for everything, but avoid unnecessary speculation. Don't whitewash, don't bad-mouth, just state the facts.
- Be objective. In most cases, you probably shouldn't make major edits to articles about yourself or your works. This only applies to articles, though: e.g., user pages are fair game for extolling your own virtues.
- Be compassionate. Keep in mind how you would like to be treated. Be careful with potentially sensitive information, such as the real-life names of people who aren't public figures.